Hello neighbors! Diane Wittek is here with the latest issue of Smithtown Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 66, Low: 50.
🏡 Are you a local real estate agent? Let us help you attract leads, build your brand in Smithtown, and stand out from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here’s the top news of the day at Smithtown:
- Cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and pets are available in Smithtown area shelters. The pets available this week run the gamut, including parrots! Or you might consider a nursery. Providing a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment for an animal in need while waiting to be adopted, helps socialize a pet in a shelter to enhance its adoption potential. (Smithtown Patch)
- Who is hiring in and around Smithtown? There are many vacancies in this week’s job listings. If you don’t find what you are looking for, yYou can see more job opportunities on Smithtown Patch job board. (Smithtown Patch)
- The MÓGŪ Modern Chinese Kitchen, located at 6228 Jericho Turnpike in Commack, is receiving positive responses from online reviewers who have cited its fresh dishes and good service. The The restaurant uses smart technology and air baking techniques instead of fryingowners said. (Daily Voice)
- Attorney General Letitia James said upcoming legislation in New York could establish a safe case for women seeking abortions if Roe v. Wade is overturned. The bill is expected Helping New Yorkers and those who travel from 26 states are prepared to impose a ban on abortion if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade. (patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, Patch Brand Partner. Did you know that Ring is now making a home security system that provides protection both online and off? It’s called Ring Alarm Pro, and it’s a DIY home security system that includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router.
To learn more about the security system it offers Reliable physical and digital security in one innovative deviceor to create your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Smithtown:
- Baby Lap Sit (Smithtown Library – Smithtown Building). (11 am)
- Killer reading book discussion group (Smithtown Library – Kings Park Building). (11 am)
- Art Collection (Smithtown Library – Smithtown Building). (the noon)
- DIY wooden tray (Smithtown Library – Smithtown Building). (4:30 pm)
- Open Knit and Crochet Night (Smithtown Library – Smithtown Building). (5 m)
- Dungeons & Dragons (Smithtown Library – Smithtown Building). (6 m)
From my notebook:
- Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts: “Good morning! This week’s drive is none other than ‘Hamilton.’ #smithtownpac, #spac, #smithtowntheatre.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Brooksite: “I have a case of canned dog food in KWD (kidney diet) that I don’t need anymore if anyone can use it I give it a go. Message me if you’re interested.” (next chapter)
- Nextdoor Jar, Sherbrooke Manor: “I highly recommend removing NGM Moving & Junk, they are a local family owned business from Smithtown. Call them at 631-505-8446.” (next chapter)
More of our sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following up and staying informed. See you around!
– Diane Wittek
About me: Enthusiastic writer, website designer, social media marketer, and newly announced baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at [email protected]