With a happy balance of wood-themed amenities and decor, it’s easy to capture the laid-back vibes of rustic living—wherever you are.
Just as being among nature and wildlife can bring a sense of calm, we can channel those feelings within ourselves, creating a welcome refuge from the stresses of modern life — not to mention a wealth of creative inspiration in the run-up to Christmas.
Whether you’re looking to create the feel of a log cabin, add a touch of rustic charm or a lounging area with winter warmth, these pieces light the way for a winter wonderland…
1. EcoPot Disney Winnie The Pooh ‘Hundred Acre Wood’ – 23L – Made from recycled plastic bottles, £14.99, Gardenopia
This eco-friendly plant pot provides an exotic escape for the woods—and chrysanthemums can be swapped out for poinsettias, once they land in stores.
2. Set of 2 Gemstone Hepal Paper Cups, £10, Studio
Perfect for green smoothie recipes, you’ll also love this Highball Bloody Mary, especially with celery stalk and green olives for garnish.
3. Emma Bridgewater Oak French Bowl, £21; Gray Partridge 8 ½ Inch Plate, £19, Cock Pheasant Medium Pasta Bowl, £24 (other items from a selection), Emma Bridgewater
English crockery at its finest, this fresh oak collection imbues thoughts of crunching through fallen leaves, Sunday roasts and stuffing chestnuts. Lots.
4. Woodland Oven Glove, Navy, £14, Fatface
Kitchen essential for seasoning soups and hot pots.
5. Wooden Pillar Candle Stick, £5, Antler Candle Holder, £4, Stag Candle Holder, £5, and Artichoke Ornament, £8, B&M Stores
Perfect if you want to offer texture and a warm glow, these wooden candle holders and tealights have an inviting rustic flair.
6. Art For The Home Stag Wooden Plaque, £35, Next
This handsome fellow displays the splendor of wildlife and can be left unadorned or hung on a sideboard and finished with a collection of rustic tools.
7. Stag Luxury Merino Throw, £99.95, Annabel James
When you’re cozying up in a cozy recliner and slippers and want to treat yourself, this super soft merino in cream reversible and deer gray design could be your best buy.
8. George Berber Pillow, £10 (other items from a selection), Direct.asda
When you group all the log cabin-inspired furnishings together, the Berber Tufted Pattern Pillow works beautifully with luxurious wood tones.
9. Stag Table Lamp, £65, Studio
A statement piece and object of desire, we love this handsome white stag draped in a designer gray linen drum shade. Imagine him standing proudly on a wooden side table, under which was a shaggy white rug.
10. Stag Head Glass Decanter, £69.95, at Home in the Country
You can never have too much decanter, especially if you’re planning to throw some elegant winter evenings—or reach for plenty of whiskey to add a twinkle in your eye.
11. Green Brushed Cotton Stag Quilt Set, from £20, Gray Brushed Cotton Stag Quilt Set, from £20, Oakwood Brown Throw, £20, B&M Stores
Brushed cotton is welcomed for warmth retention, and mixing and matching green and gray creates a striking contrast. A reclaimed wood headboard and string lights really complete the look.
12. Natural History Museum Woodland Journal Wallpaper, £12 per roll, Dunelm
A feature wall of woodland finds provides the perfect backdrop for nature books or wildlife photography collections. Otherwise, you can enjoy the adorable flora and fauna in their new natural habitat – your home!