Great Wolf Lodge Texas Gulf Coast It will feature 532 rooms – most importantly for children and families – a 95,000-square-foot indoor water park and a 58,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park. The 27-acre destination, located east of the Bay Highway near Flyway in the Clear Creek development, is scheduled to open in mid to late 2024, according to a Great Wolf Resorts announcement.
“With millions of families visiting our resort in Grapevine, we know Texan families love the Great Wolf Lodge experience and we are excited to bring our second resort to the Lone Star State,” said Murray Hennessy, CEO of Great Wolf Resorts. “The hallmark of Great Wolf Lodge is that we help families solidify their packages by providing a fun-filled getaway that is close, comfortable and carefree, and with this new resort we will be able to better serve families in the Houston area and southeastern parts of the state.”
The Great Wolf Lodge Gulf Coast Texas accommodates visitors year-round and will feature a myriad of attractions and facilities for all ages, including:
The resort has a huge indoor entertainment center.
● A spacious 95,000 square foot indoor water park, heated to 84°C, features a variety of body slides, tube slides, rafts, activity pools and spray areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens to parents and grandparents.
● The aforementioned 58,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as Great Wolf Adventure Park. This center will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest – the exclusive live-action adventure game from the Great Wolf Lodge where players use an interactive magic wand to battle orcs and dragons.
● An array of free family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales of creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events like Hustle & Howl’s Dance Party at Great Wolf Lodge and Story Time event.
● Numerous food options to suit a variety of cooking styles ranging from pizza and burgers to gourmet food and fine ice cream at Wood’s End Creamery.
● Family-friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for children designed as either log cabins or wolf den and equipped with bunk beds and Great Wolf character. The resort will also have multi-bedroom suites for large families or multi-generational groups.
Businesses in the region can take advantage of the destination’s 11,000 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options, and a team of industry-specific professionals to service visiting conferences and events.
Families can slip into the fun in 2024.
Aside from a major tourist attraction, the new outpost at Great Wolf Lodge will be a boon to hiring in the area. An estimated 600 construction and trade workers will be on site each day during peak construction. The resort will fill nearly 500 full- and part-time positions in preparation for the grand opening, with positions including senior management, engineering, IT professionals, lifeguards, guest service agents, housekeepers and more.
In an effort to seamlessly integrate with the community, the new resort will operate with environmentally friendly practices, including energy use and water consumption.
Notably, the resort’s location in Webster makes the perfect addition to a short weekend trip to the NASA/Johnson Space Center/Space Center Houston – as well as Galveston.
“Tourism is one of Webster’s most important economic drivers, and the Great Wolf Lodge is a force multiplier that will attract visitors from a large regional and global market,” Webster Mayor Donna Rogers said in a statement.
Great Wolf Resorts currently operates throughout the United States and Canada. The company plans further growth: Great Wolf Lodge in Perryville, Maryland, is set to open in the summer of 2023 and a location in Naples, Florida is just getting started.
Howlingly Fun Resort fans can stay updated on developments on the company’s social media channels and at www.greatwolf.com.