Concord Mills, one of North Carolina’s largest shopping centers is adding more dining and retail stores, plus a dedicated rideshare spot.
And additional stores are planned for Concord Mills, mall property owner Simon said Tuesday.
Concord Mills also has a new designated ridesharing pickup zone for Ubers, Lyfts and taxis outside Entrance 6, according to Simon.
The designated space ensures Concord Mills is accessible and convenient for shoppers.
“This rings especially true for those traveling or visiting from elsewhere, which is a significant percentage of our shoppers since we are one of North Carolina’s largest tourist destinations,” Sarah Berthold, Concord Mills’ director of marketing and business development, said in a statement.
Charlotte Premium Outlets in Steele Creek, also owned by Simon, has a rideshare lane, too, Berthold said.
Stores that have opened are:
▪ Komma Tea, serving tea and other drink, plus desserts is open. Located next to Five Below and Glamour Nails. A second mall location is in the works, too, according to Simon.
▪ The Inspiration Co., sells jewelry, gifts and apparel, featuring inspirational sayings since 2017. Located next to J. Crew Factory.
▪ Opulence Furniture, with upscale handcrafted furniture made in Italy. Located near Dope Duffle.
▪ Starbucks, The Seattle-based coffeehouse giant offers coffee and teas, plus pastries and other food. Located next to Rack Room Shoes.
▪ A Sneaker City, which offers buy, sell and trades on sneaker and streetwear brands. Located across from Five Below.
▪ BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse opened in March.The restaurant, known for deep-dish Chicago pizza, craft beers and Pizookie dessert. Located at entrance 2 near Bonefish Grill.
▪ New Square, an Atlanta-based men’s and women’s urban casual wear shop, opened in April. Located across from Old Navy.
Other store openings planned:
▪ Alex Baby & Toy is expected to open next month with toy brands like G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Lego, Marvel and Star Wars. Located next to Burlington.
▪ Vivian Jewelers, specializing in silver, gold and stainless steel jewelry, also will open near Best Buy and Bass Pro.
Concord Mills at 8111 Concord Mills Blvd., northeast of Charlotte, has 189 stores, according to the mall’s website.
Other major shopping centers near Charlotte also have new stores opening or planned, according to each center’s websites.
At SouthPark mall
Simon said in May that Charlotte’s SouthPark mall will add five stores by late summer as the shopping center undergoes a “transformational” multimillion-dollar plaza project, including having Suffolk Punch Brewing opening a second location there.
Stores that are opening:
▪ Arula, women’s apparel store with sizes 10-24. A portion of sale proceeds go to feed, clothe and educate children around the world. Located near center court.
▪ AS Revival, women’s activewear. Located near center court.
▪ CycleBar, indoor cycling classes, at The Village at SouthPark at the mall.
▪ Inglot, a cosmetics store, will open near the fountain court.
▪ Levi’s, the denim brand, will open in a 2,600-square-foot store next month. Located near fountain court.
▪ Tag Heuer, a luxury Swiss watchmaker, will open a 700-square-foot storefront in the Fountain Court near Francesca’s.
▪ Tullabee, an Altar’d State brand of stylish baby clothing. Located near center court.
Stores that recently opened:
▪ Blue Nile, offering jewelry repair, cleaning and other services, opened July 26 in a 1,850-square-foot space. Located near center court.
▪ Build-a-Bear Workshop, is open between guest services and west plaza.
▪ The Inspiration Co., sells one-of-a-kind jewelry, gifts and apparel, featuring inspirational sayings since 2017. Located near center court.
▪ UNOde50, a handcrafted jewelry brand featuring pieces authentic to Spanish roots, opened in March. Located near fountain court.
▪ Hive & Colony, a menswear store that uses 3D body scanning to create custom suits, shirts and shirts, opened in March. Located near center court.
SouthPark at 4400 Sharon Road has 170 stores and restaurants.
At Charlotte Premium Outlets
▪ Boss, a brand of Hugo Boss AG, menswear clothing store, opened in March.
▪ Vans “Off the Wall” Outlet with footwear for infants to adults, opened in April.
▪ Direct Tools Factory Outlet, with brands like RYOBI, RIDGID and Hoover, selling new, blemished and factory-reconditioned products, opened last month.
▪ Adidas expanded from 5,000 square feet to 9,500 square feet, opened last month.
Charlotte Premium Outlets at 5404 New Fashion Way, off Interstate 485 in Steele Creek has 101 stores.
At Northlake Mall
Stores that recently opened are:
▪ Rainbow, a clothing and accessories store for women and children. Located on level 2 near Belk.
▪ Juicy Body Goddess, a curvy and pluz-size boutique. Located on level 2.
▪ Kitokos, a Black-owned, African apparel and accessories store. Located on level 1.
▪ Style Hause, a vintage clothing, art, customs and collectibles shop. Located on level 2 near Macy’s.
Northlake Mall at 6801 Northlake Mall Drive is managed by Spinoso Real Estate Group. The two-story, 1.1-million-square-foot mall went into receivership a year ago after failing to pay its debts.
At Carolina Place mall in Pineville
▪ Cotton on Kids children’s clothing store is open.
The mall is at 11025 Carolina Place Parkway.
This story was originally published August 2, 2022 1:45 PM.