Editor’s Brief: So you’re working from home. Or maybe you are a SOHO or start-up entrepreneur. Decent background sound, or that occasional lift to a room full of sound, is what you’re looking for. While your space, whether it’s a room at home or a small office, may only be air conditioned, you’ll want an efficient subwoofer that sits neatly in the corner, blending with your design ethos or personal style. The Audioengine S6 subwoofer with Class D amplifier might be the box for you. Read more below.
Singapore Audioengine, an independent speaker company based in Austin, Texas, introduces the S6, its new powered subwoofer that sets a new standard for performance in an ultra-compact package. With 210 watts of power in a small package, the S6 is a top performer for desktop performance, home theater, and gaming setups. Featuring a front-facing subwoofer in a closed box, the S6 speaker delivers deep, smooth, and punchy bass that defies expectations.
Powerful bass extension
Audioengine emphasizes the compact package of the S6, a small yet powerful speaker that delivers a wide sonic range. Measuring a modest 10″ high x 10″ wide and weighing only about 15 pounds, the S6 is a compact bass extension perfect for your desktop, gaming rig, home theater, or any small setup.
Small submarine, big sound
Utilizing a high-efficiency Class D amplifier and 6 long-throw tweeter, the S6 has to be heard to be believed. And with a frequency response of up to 33Hz in a closed box design, the bass is powerful, smooth and deep. Adjustable crossovers between 40-130Hz mean you can dial in exactly the sound you want.
With 210 watts of power and two 12-ounce package heights, the S6 can easily fill most rooms, and for its size, it produces a powerful sound that outperforms other compact subs on the market.
The S6 features dual analog audio inputs and can connect to two systems simultaneously. Want to save energy? The S6 features a selectable power-saving auto play mode that can detect the presence of a signal from your audio source.
Do you want to go wireless? The optional Audioengine W3 system can be easily added using the USB charging port for convenient placement wherever you need it.
Features and benefits
- 3.5mm mini jack and LFE / RCA inputsConvenient and versatile connectivity options that can also connect to two audio sources simultaneously, such as powered amplifiers and an A/V receiver.
- USB charging port: Wireless ready with W3 transmitter/receiver combo or powering other USB devices
- 15mm thick MDF cabinet enclosure: A powerful yet light boost for greater speaker performance
- 6″ Long Range Front Firing SubwooferSmall yet powerful, this speaker’s design ensures accurate bass while being small enough to fit in many places, including your desktop.
- Cross frequency control: Easily adjust the bass volume to perfectly balance the sound with the speakers
- Phase switch: 0/180 degrees: Invert the phase as needed based on your listening environment to increase bass performance
- Auto-sensing standby mode: The S6 will automatically go into low power mode when no audio is being played, saving power. The toggle switch turns off this feature
- Detachable power cord: Unplug the power cord for easy portability
- Type: Electric Subwoofer, Enclosed Enclosure
- Speaker type: Class D
- Power Output: 210 Watts Total Peak Power (140 Watts RMS), AES
- Drivers: 6m front-facing subwoofer
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini jack, RCA left/right
- Input voltage: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz automatic conversion
- SNR: >100dB (typical A measure)
- Frequency response: 33Hz – 132Hz ± 1.5dB
- Input impedance: 10k ohms unbalanced
- Crossover frequency: 40 Hz – 130 Hz
- Protection: output current limiting, over-temperature, on/off transient protection
- Standby consumption: <1W
- Phase: 0/180°
Pricing and availability
The Audioengine S6 subwoofer retails for S$499 (including GST) and is available immediately at AV One (av1group.com.sg), AV One Lazada (www.lazada.sg/shop/av-one) and Headphones.sg and Sam Audio, Stereo Electronics, Treoo, TK Foto and Retrocrates.