Five sets of over 200 unfinished clay and wood textures form the core of Greyscalegorilla’s new Tactile Library, precision-crafted textures for 3D designers in a growing library of the most beautiful and realistic 3D materials for cinema 4D, now available to all Greyscalegorilla Plus subscribers.
Launching with five amazing collections—Clay Fine, Clay Rouge, Clay Sculpting, Clay-Doh, and Unfinished Wood—digital artists have over 210 next-generation materials to work with right out of the gate. Tactile will allow “3D designers, architectural visualization artists, product artists, interior design and animators of all kinds to create incredibly realistic 3D renderings in Cinema 4D using Redshift, Octane and Arnold,” says Greyscalegorilla.
“While Greyscalegorilla has always created best-in-class 3D materials and assets, Tactile is a major step forward in realism and detail. We’re setting a new standard for material quality so 3D artists don’t know they’re missing until they see it,” comments Nick Campbell, Founder and CEO Greyscalegorilla Corporation. “The tactile materials feel so real, you can practically feel them. We’ve been blown away by how real these materials feel in our shows, and we can’t wait for the Greyscalegorilla community to use them in their work.”
The physical nature of materials
Using a new haptic capture process, Greyscalegorilla has delved into the details to deliver precision rarely seen in the world of 3D design. “Together we’ve roamed the world and put together visually cohesive thematic collections that set a new standard for 3D materials,” comments Chad Ashley, Creative Director at Greyscalegorilla and the brains behind Tactile. “We developed a new way to create these materials, starting with beautifully featured wood and clay, and were able to capture not just surface surface details, but a true representation of the physical nature of the material — all the dips, certain features that make each material unique.”
Curated by a combination of master art and cutting-edge technology, Tactile’s library features standard material channels such as diffusion, normal, and roughness, but also captures elusive real-world properties, such as transparency, displacement, and optical reflectivity. Greyscalegorilla’s detailed artist-driven process often reveals surface properties invisible to the naked eye, resulting in materials that advance unprecedented realism.
David McGavran, CEO of Maxon, which develops Cinema 4D, shared, “The Maxon community of 3D artists is constantly pushing the boundaries of creative possibilities, from reality-bending creations to photorealistic designs. Through their plugins and materials, Greyscalegorilla, a longtime friend and partner For Maxon, they are a trusted resource for helping Cinema 4D artists produce stunning renderings. Their touch library will enable artists to achieve a new level of fidelity, whether they’re designing for the real world or inventing something entirely new.”
All you need to know about touch
Here is some additional information shared by Greyscalegorilla about the new Tactile and Greyscalegorilla Plus solution:
Greyscalegorilla Tactile: The New Industry Standard
- Fidelity and Realism: New Tactile Materials are incredibly detailed and beautiful 3D PBR (Physical Based Rendering) textures that set a new standard in realism.
- ARTISTICALLY DRIVEN: These materials are hand-picked by talented designers to create visually cohesive collections that look great together.
- Drag and drop: Greyscalegorilla’s touch textures are very easy to use and won’t bother artists with technical details that often take them out of the joy of creating, allowing artists to be artists.
- Tactile is available exclusively as part of Greyscalegorilla Plus and is compatible with Arnold, Octane and Redshift in Cinema 4D. One-click installation through Plus Library.
Greyscalegorilla Plus: Under the Hood:
- Greyscalegorilla Plus includes everything you need to make Cinema 4D presentations look amazing at an affordable price. An additional membership gives Cinema 4D artists a variety of best-in-class tools and resources for 3D modeling and motion design. Membership includes access to:
- Materials and texture libraries: Over 2,000 hand-crafted Cinema 4D assets, and access to over 500 HDRIs for 3D.
- Cinema 4D plug-ins: Trusted by professional artists, studios, and major brands, Greyscalegorilla plug-ins provide comprehensive lighting, animation, and photo-realistic capabilities.
- Gorilla U: 500+ hours of expert training on leading 3D tools and renderers including Cinema 4D, Redshift, Octane, Arnold, and Houdini. Courses and tutorials cater to common topics: terrain, vehicle rendering, product visualization, lighting, etc. and are available online 24/7.
- New content is added regularly to the Greyscalegorilla Plus library.
- Over $10,000 in content at a fraction of the cost.
Pricing and availability
Greyscalegorilla Tactile textures and textures are immediately available with a Greyscalegorilla Plus membership. Greyscalegorilla Plus membership is available directly from Greyscalegorilla. Subscription pricing is offered at $49.00 per month or $399 per year (a savings of 32%). Greyscalegorilla Plus educational licenses are available for students and educators, and Greyscalegorilla for Teams licenses are offered for studio teams of three or more, on a “floating” license basis. See full pricing information here.