A letter has been sent to a number of employees stating that consultations will be held.
“I am sure you appreciate that these are sensitive and difficult times,” reads the letter, from Sir Michael Stephens, the custodian of the secret purse.
He adds that work is underway to support staff and ensure “good communication” over the coming weeks.
The letter reads: “In keeping with continuity, the approach to accession is essentially that the requirements and purpose of the family remain unchanged after its demise.
“While it is too early to definitively confirm the situation, it is expected that only a very small minority of staff (fewer than 20) who have rendered personal services to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth will see their posts affected by Her Majesty’s death.
“We will consult with you and those affected regarding these expected changes after the state funeral. Those affected are in writing.”
Last week, it was revealed that up to 100 employees of the King’s former official residence, Clarence House, have been notified that they could lose their jobs.
Mark Sirotka, secretary general of the Federation of Public and Commercial Services, which represents a number of staff in the royal families, said staff had worked with the Queen for a number of years and were “frustrated” after receiving the letter.
“Our members are disappointed and saddened by this development,” he said.
Meetings are held with those affected and employees are told that they can contact employee assistance providers in the coming weeks.
Buckingham Palace has been contacted for comment.
A Buckingham Palace source said: “The family is working to support any staff members affected by the changes following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.”
Meanwhile, visitors will be able to view the Queen’s burial site from next week as Windsor Castle reopens to the public.
People can pay their respects at St. George’s Chapel starting September 29, just over a week after the burial of the late H.
The Queen’s name is inscribed along with her mother’s, father’s and her husband’s name on a ledger stone at George VI Memorial Chapel.
She was buried with the Duke of Edinburgh on Monday evening at a private mass attended by the King and the royal family, after her state funeral at Westminster Abbey and her service in Windsor.
Buckingham Palace said the inscription on the ledger stone at the George VI Memorial Chapel now bears the names of the Queen, her parents and Philip, along with their years of birth and death.
The new stone replaced the black stone slab in the floor that bore the names of George VI and Elizabeth in gold lettering.