WCA – West Chin Architect is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm, with offices in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, East Hampton, New York and Miami, Florida. We are looking for a senior level Architectural Designer, with minimum 7-10 years of experience in high end modern residences, to join the New York City team. The bulk of our business is the execution of high-end residential designs, from ground construction to loft renovations to residential homes. As a result of increased workflow, we are currently looking for an experienced Architect with an in-house background and strong organizational and communication skills. Architects with extensive experience in construction management and project management are preferred.
- Prepare designs to meet clients’ goals, project constraints, implement the company’s design vocabulary and philosophy, while directing, directing and managing junior staff.
- Develop a complete project from concept to installation keeping in mind WCA vocabulary, client goals and higher directives.
- Participate in design coordination within the company, i.e. between architecture, interior design, decor and graphics, and between clients, consultants and the company.
- Review the documentation to ensure that it incorporates and accurately reflects the design intent.
- Contact suppliers and manufacturers.
- Lead a team to create and deliver presentations and contract documents based on company standards.
- Produce and deliver high quality and timely sets of contract documents, including drawings, specifications, form boards, and reports as required for each unique project.
- Work independently with strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and self-management.
- Respond to requests for information and solve problems and problems that arise during construction.
- Review the submissions, executive drawings, alternatives and field conditions to match them with the design.
- Attendance and report on field visits.
- Make piercing slate reviews.
- 7-10 years minimum. of full-time postgraduate experience in all phases of high-end modern residential architecture and design, including schematic design, design development and construction documentation through construction management; Preference will be given to those with experience in New York City.
- Ability to produce detailed and accurately formatted construction documentation. Work examples, in addition to technical excellence, must demonstrate a strong design sensitivity
- Exceptional skills in leadership, organization, communication, coordination and relationship management.
- Ability to work with the project team and effectively and efficiently manage both internal staff and external consultants.
- Ability to maintain basic contact and interface with the client as well as with client advisors, including engineers, registration contractors, and specialist suppliers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand a variety of complex manufacturing and technical design details.
- Knowledge of New York building codes and ADA compliance requirements is a must.
- Proficient in the following software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite; SketchUp and/or Rhino 3D skills are a plus.
This is a full-time, personal position in New York City with a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. It is highly preferred that the applicant currently resides in the New York area. We are unfortunately unable to consider candidates without permission to work in the United States. We cannot consider remote arrangements.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, current CV and portfolio to [email protected], indicating the position in the subject line. Please limit attachments to less than 10MB.
Back to job listing…