#18/#17 North Carolina (9-2, 6-1) vs. North Carolina State (7-4, 3-4)
Chapel Hill, NC • Friday, November 25, 2022 • 3:30pm ET
Kenan Stadium (50,500) • ABCCarolina Football Media Center
Record: 9-2 (6-1 ACC)
Coach: mac brown (Florida 74)
Public record: 274-141-1, 34 years old
UNC Enrollment: 99-65-1, Year Fourteen
North Carolina State
Record: 7-4 (3-4 ACC)
Coach: Dave Doeren (Drake, 93)
Overall Record: 95-57, 12th year
NC State record: 71-53, 10th year
Kick-off time: 3:30 p.m. ET
ABC: Dave Bach, play-by-play; Dusty Dvoracek, Analyst. Tom Lugenbill, on the sidelines
Tar Heel Sports Network: Jones Angel, play-by-play; Brian Simmons, Analyst; Lee Pace, Fringe
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM (84), App (84)
Website: The live Tar Heel Sports Network radio broadcast is available on the official UNC sports website, GoHeels.com, as well as through the Varsity Network app.
Tar Heel fans of all ages are encouraged to welcome the team to the stadium on game day. While construction continues during the 2022 season at the Keenan Football Center, Team Carolina buses will connect between the Genome Sciences Building and the Sonya Haynes Stone Black Cultural Center two and a half hours before kickoff. The team will walk across the grandstand to the front of the Kinan Football Center before entering the building.
Series vs. NCSU: UNC leads 68-37-6
Series streak: NCSU won the last game
Last meeting at UNC: 2020 (W, 48-21)
UNC Last Win: 2020 (Win, 48-21)
Wolfpack low heel
• Carolina and NC State battle it out for the 112th time to close out the 2022 regular season on Friday, November 25 at 3:30pm on ABC.
• This game has been played on the last weekend of the regular season in seven of the past eight years. The 2020 game was played in Chapel Hill on October 24 and was dominated by the Tar Hills, 48-21.
• At the 2020 meeting in Chapel Hill, Javonte Williams ran for 160 yards and three touchdowns as No. 14 defeated No. 23 NC State. Michael Carter added 106 yards and a score on the ground as Carolina recorded 326 rushing yards and finished with 578 yards overall.
• The road team has won six of the past nine meetings.
• The Carolina-NC State Series is the fourth most played series in ACC history. Carolina is a part of four of the five series played in ACC history.
domination within the state
• mac brown He is 25-2 in his last 27 games against in-state ACC opponents as head coach of the Tar Heels.
brown vs. North Carolina State
• mac brown She is 7-8 all time (7-6 at UNC) against the Wolfpack.
• The Browns lost their first five meetings against NCSU between 1987-92, but won five straight from 1993-1997 before leaving for Texas.
• As head coach at App State in 1983, losing 33-7 to the Pack, the Browns’ 1999 Texas team lost the season-opener to NC State, 23-20, in Austin.
• Carolina Clemson will play the ACC Tournament on Saturday, December 3 at 8 pm (ABC)