Before exploring the best options for you, it’s important to be clear about why you need a kit, says Peter Rodriguez, founder and CEO of Sophisticave Smart Home Solutions in Dubai. “The first thing you want to look at is purpose. Are you interested in a security system for reasons of theft, to look at the nanny or to monitor property that is not in a gated community?”
The type of security camera may vary for each need. For example, a Wi-Fi camera with a motion detector only records when it detects motion. This is great for outdoor monitoring, but the same can’t be said for indoors, where a working parent (pet) would like round-the-clock monitoring. Here, a pan-tilt indoor camera will work best.
Wireless or Internet of Things (Internet of Things)-based solutions are also common in the remote access they provide. Consider letting friends, family, or home help the apartment through your smartphone, while also reviewing snapshots from your cameras on vacation. Your recorded data is automatically uploaded to cloud storage, so there’s no clutter with cables at home either, says Prateek Verma, MENA sales director at security solutions brand SoHo by Vantage in Dubai.
What should a home security system include?
Rodriguez points out that smart home security, where all you have to do is issue orders to make your home safe, is especially on the rise in the UAE. The smart lock notifies you instantly via an app notification if the front door is opened. But there’s more: “At home, I can tell Google Home to close the front door or Alexa to show me the garage. You can also configure your security system to activate when you say ‘good night’ out loud.”
Which home security system is best for me?
“Ring is a trustworthy brand that people have been using for years, and it works great with home automation systems like Alexa. Then you have the eufy, which has almost the same features as the Ring, with two-way audio on the cameras, paid subscription cloud storage and high-definition video Accuracy.And Yale is one of the biggest locksmiths out there.But don’t think about the least expensive product because that’s an investment.
Another case of Ring comes from Amber Ansari, head of sales for Domotics Technical Services in Dubai, a smart home solutions company. He said, “We recommend standard brands like Ring, which are doing well here in the UAE. It’s the easiest system to set up – only a few products require expert installation. It is also not necessary to buy the whole set; The system is largely plug and play, so you can add more products as you go. With the app, you can access the collection from anywhere around the world.”
Here is a selection of the best home security systems you can buy on Amazon today. Some come with an installation service on the side, but you can also hire professionals directly through Amazon Home Services to get your system up and running smoothly. Get faster delivery with a Prime membership.
1. Best Overall: Ring Alarm 5-Piece Kit Pack with Ring Indoor Cam Plug-In
- Wireless alarm kit with indoor camera
- Compatible with Alexa-enabled devices
- Easy to use – activate Disarm, Away and Home modes with the push of a button
- Includes motion detector and contact sensor
- Camera features include live view, sound and two-way motion alerts
- Additional detectors and sensors can be utilized (sold separately)
- The emergency calling feature is a paid service
a guarantee: The manufacturer offers a one-year limited warranty on alarm system components.
2. Best for outdoor surveillance: eufy Security eufyCam 2 . Wireless Home Security Camera System
- Outdoor Wireless Weatherproof Camera Kit
- Streams and records, no additional fees
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Long battery life
- Smartphone fast motion alerts
- Larger homes may need another home base unit
Bonus: Added professional installation for Dh134.10.
a guarantee: The seller offers a one-year warranty.
3. Best Alarm Kit: Yale IA-335 Sync Home Security System – 9 Piece Kit
- Wireless alarm kit with indoor camera
- Includes two motion detectors and two contact sensors
- It has a loud alarm of 104 decibels
- 200m communication range
- Pan and tilt the indoor camera via the app
- Professional installation required
4. Best Video Doorbell: eufy Security Wireless Video Doorbell
- High quality photo and video
- Field view from head to toe
- Sends real-time alerts when someone is at the door
- local storage
- Battery life is shorter than stated (180 days)
a guarantee: Amazon offers a one-year extended warranty for AED 29 and a 2-year extended warranty for AED 41.
5. Best Wi-Fi Smart Lock: eufy Security Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi
- Four ways to open the front door
- Sturdy metal body
- Reads fingerprint in 0.3 seconds
- The door locks behind you automatically
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Installation only works on doors with separate holes in the lock
Add a smart lock to your eufy security ecosystem to let anyone in or out, while you’re away from home. This versatile smart lock allows you to enter manually as well, apart from the option to unlock by punching a code, scanning your fingerprint, or via its app. There is always a backup, if things go wrong. Then there’s the auto-lock feature that ensures the front door is securely locked behind you, at all times. This version has built-in Wi-Fi and therefore does not require any additional equipment to grant remote access – you only need the eufy Security app on your smartphone. Check out our other smart locks here.
Bonus: Add professional installation for 225 dirhams.
Our recommendations are independently selected by the editors of Gulf News. If you decide to shop through the links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission, as we are part of the Amazon Services LLC Affiliate Program.